Five principles of the blogosphere
The cost of ethics: Influence peddling in the blogosphere
- Disclose, disclose, disclose. Transparency – of actions, motives and financial considerations – is the golden rule of the blogosphere.
- Follow your passions. Blog about topics you care deeply about.
- Be honest. Write what you believe.
- Trust your readers to form their own judgments and conclusions.
- Reputation is the principal currency of cyberspace. Maintain your independence and integrity – lost trust is difficult to regain.
See also Weblog Ethics by Rebecca’s Pocket